Meet Steve Lockwood, Right for Bonner County
My family members have been settled in Bonner County since the early 1970's. My wife Molly and I have lived in Bonner County for 19 years and love the people, communities, and natural beauty.
I have held appointed and elected offices since arriving in Sandpoint because I value participating in my community. As a father of young sons, I was a Cubmaster and Boy Scout Leader, emphasizing the importance of nature. My career with AT&T and the Bell System taught me that good management saves money and means productive employees, providing outstanding service.
With family and friends, I enjoy outdoor activities including hiking and boating.
Why I am running for Bonner County Commissioner
A County Commissioner must both be a skilled manager and have a positive vision for our future. Bonner County needs both.
The current commission is not controlling costs well, is raising taxes, and is proposing a substantial salary increase for themselves. That is not skilled management! Costs need controlling year-round, delivering services must be emphasized and employees need to have respected and positive leadership.
Bonner County is growing! Protecting our rural character while assuring that we create and attract jobs that pay well is important. Housing is a problem for working individuals and families; we have a gap that needs filling. The County Commission can mobilize our city, school, civic and business leadership to work together for jobs and housing and our future. Today, that vision is lacking and I will bring it to the office.
- AT&T/Bell Telephone Operations Manager--Oregon, recognized for exceptional service levels and cost efficiency
- Bell technician first high speed data system for North American Air Defense
- Developer of Bell Central Office Management System, used nationwide
- Selected to manage Bell’s largest conversion projects in Oregon
- Manager - Bell’s Oregon technical hiring
Planning and Development Experience
- Owner - Lockwood Properties
- Designer/Builder experimental small houses, including Tillamook County demonstration house
- Redeveloper market-rate close-in apartments
- Developer - Park Cottages, Sandpoint’s multiple award winning, market rate infill, modest income apartments
Elected and Volunteer Government Experience
- Elected Lake Pend Oreille school board
- Interest-based labor bargaining team member
- During this period, funding and district management were stabilized
- Elected Sandpoint City Council
- Initiated new Comprehensive Plan
- Firefighter negotiation team member and chair
- Sandpoint Planning and Zoning Commission - Elected chair
- Sandpoint Urban Renewal Commissioner
- Sandpoint Downtown Revitalization - Chair
- Portland Region Air Quality Committee - Chair
- Idaho Conservation League Board
- Idaho Smart Growth Board
- Kinnikinnick Native Plant Society Board
- Scoutmaster, Cubmaster
Remember: Vote Steve Lockwood for Bonner County Commissioner on November 6, 2018!